Monday, September 15, 2008

Sighting In

Well, Sunday afternoon we decided to go out and go shooting and try to sight in a few guns. I love to go out and go shooting and recently, well a year ago(maybe longer), we put a new scope on my rifle and I have yet to get it "completely" sighted in. For any of you that have known me for while, that's almost a crime and so is not putting in for tags this year; but lets not go there-I'm trying to get over it.
Bryan, myself, Joe and Tanner, are planning on going to a place called Frontsight in Novemeber so we need to get our guns sighted in. Frontsight is a self defense training facility in Pahrump, NV. We are planning on taking the practical rifle course. Should be lots of fun.



Yes, he's a lefty when it comes to shooting a rifle.
He's shooting an AR-15

Just checking(I'd be worried if he missed at that close range) Looking good!
Time to "play" with the 30-06. I decided after shooting this gun once-I didn't like it-the trigger if feather light. I might like it after its adjusted.
Joe and Bryan trying to figure out my gun-It ended up being a trigger/operator issue(i'm embarrased)
Adjusting the trigger. I finally gave in a let Bryan do some adjusting to it. I got to shoot it once before we had to go and it was a lot better. I plan on going out and doing some more soon-look out coyotes!
HI! I'm the one that is usually holding the camera but now I am waiting my turn to "shoot" with something else. Bryan's pretty good with a camera too!
Joe with one of "toys". The AR-15's are fun to shoot, just in case you were wondering. We had a fun afternoon and we even made it to the evening service at church ON TIME!
Oh, no bunnies were killed on this trip.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

This is the kind of stuff I miss being able to do in my life... looks like so much fun.