Thursday, September 4, 2008

School Days

Well we are into our second week of school and things are going well. Both Jessie and Marisa are doing great and ,so far, are loving it. Jessie's reading skills have improved so much over the summer, thanks to Granny, that she is enjoying reading this year. YEAH! I love it when she tells me that she wants to read the instructions-not me. WOOO-HOOOO!!!
Marisa is just loving school in general and so far is doing great in all of her subjects. Science is probably they're favorite with handwriting being they're least favorite; its fairly tedious. Anyhow, we do our school in the morning with Jessie going over to granny's after lunch for English/reading/grammar/phonics-whatever you want to call it. She has more skill in this area than I do and was willing to help. We greatly appreciate the help and feel truly blessed.





Our dining area is "transformed" into the classroom Tues.-Sat.
She can really concentrate
She enjoys math
Jessie becoming a good speller



This is Katie. She is my oldest cat-14yrs. Yes, she only has one eye. She lost the other one when she was a kitten. She was the first of many that "came" home with me from the vet clinic to be "fostered" until a permanent home could be found.

I happy man playing with some of his favorite things!
Cuties having fun on the washing machine-not sure what they were doing, dad took the pictures, but I think I may have missed something.

No comments: