Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Moon Flower

Have you ever seen a moonflower? WOW!! They are so pretty. The first time I saw one was last year. They bloom when the sun sets. I have a tone of seeds if anyone wants some. They actually become a pretty big plant all though mine are small. I am just really happy that one of mine bloomed before the weather killed it-I wasn't sure it was going to make it. Anyhow, they are a very unique plant. The flower is green until right before it blooms and then it turns white and you can actually watch it open-it is so cool! Feel free to come by and see it.


Before blooming
Before blooming-in the morning
Ta-Da it bloomed!
This one isn't as clear-i took the picutes at night and was having to use a flashlight for some light to get my camera to focus.
They smell really good too! I'll post some pictures of it during the day-today!

No comments: