Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring is Here!!

Well, I am way over-due on updating my blog so I would like to apologize--sorry---, however, I am not going to promise that it won't happen again. Why, you ask. Because it is spring and then it is summer and then it is fall--all of the busiest times of year and we have lots planned. I will do my best to keep you all up to date on what is going on around here. I'm sure it will be entertaining-life always is.
So, spring is here!!! yippeee, hooray!!! How do I know this besides the fact that the calendar said that spring started on March 21st? As I walk around our property, I am making note of all of the weeds that are starting to rear their ugly.....roots, stems, leaves and eventually stickers; I have also noticed that the days are getting longer, which means that I need to pay better attention to the time otherwise we are eating dinner at 7:00 or later; I have also noticed that all of our trees are starting to get buds, the lawns are turning green and flowers are starting to come up. The weather has also been crazy-snowing and blowing one day and sunny and nice the next. There have been 40-50 degree differences(sometimes more) between the highs and the lows. no wonder I can't get over this cold.


The "largest"weed on the property(so far) Quite impressive, really, for this early in the year.
Our back yard is turning green-I'm going to have to mow it this week to get it to "level" out. the grass is al lot taller and thicker on one side.

My iris's coming up


Jessie and Marisa are really enjoying the nice weather and the longer days.
Playing on the 4-wheeler.



Give me 5




They were getting tired of just sitting there and posing.



On your marks, gets set,......go!!!






Jessie has learned how to drive the 4-wheeler--enough that she can help me when cleaning the pens. We haven't discussed gears and shifting-that's down the road(ha ha ha), but she is perfectly content to ride around and around the house just puttin' along in first gear.



Here they go again...............




One more lap almost complete!




The final lap-it is now 6:30 and I have no idea on what to make for dinner-I've got to improve on this.










No comments: