Saturday, April 11, 2009

Expect the Unexpected

My whole house has been in serious need of a "face-lift" and it is finally happening. Yes, it has been a bit "painful". There are always those "hidden" surprises like......a bunch of rotten siding that is going to need replacing before the paint and trim can be put on but thankfully we have learned to be more financially prepared for the unexpected; that way the unexpected becomes the expected and when the unexpected doesn't happen all is great but when the unexpected happens all is well too-almost. Are you confused yet? I am.
We replaced the siding on the front of the house a couple years ago(yes this project has been going on for a while now which is why I am so excited to finally have the end in sight). It had a lot of water damage too-this was discovered when Bryan removed a piece of siding to replace some wiring in the wall. We weren't so prepared for that unexpected event and it really 'hurt'. There were lots of studs(2x4's) that needed to be replaced and some of the flooring in the living room. That was a huge mess!
Anyhow, thanks to good friends, the siding and trim got done in 2 days. This time it was done right sooooo, no more water damage-yippeeee!!!!


Apparently this house used to be blue. This was the old siding that was under the "newer/old" siding.
My utility room got a newer door too. It used to be the other back door and the blue, square thing on it is the dry erase board that was in my kitchen to help remind me of things as I was going out the door. This system has really helped me too, because when the noteboard went out with the door so did the note that was on it and as a result... I forgot that I was supposed to go let my neighbors dogs out. I did remember a couple hours later and thankfully the poor dogs know how to cross their little legs really good. There where no messes, just 3 "patient," little dogs desperatly needing to go out and use the little girls room. (the board is really stuck on-Bryan is going to have to get something to get it off or otherwise.....I don't want to think about the things I might forget.....which is why I have the board-duh)
Anyhow, we turned the door around to open to the outside because there just isn't a lot of room inside the utility room to have the door swing in.

Yep-the blue has got to go.

The siding under that window was just crumbling off.

Teamwork! Go Bryan, Go Kevin!!!



My new back door!!!! I love it!! Bryan is convinced that I am sunshine dependent. He may be right--I love the sunshine-the more the better. I have a tendency to get a bit depressed when its dark or overcast for days. If it was up to Bryan, we'd probably live in a cave. Obviously my sweetie loves me and loves me to be in a good mood,(ha ha ha) so he let me pick out a new door with lots of windows. Thank-you sweetie!!!
It adds so much light to our kitchen. I couldn't wait to get up in the morning to watch the sunlight some through. yes, I'm easily entertained.
Well there are more pictures to come. The back door wasn't the only thing that was replaced. Even though the house hasn't been painted yet, the new siding and trim looks really good ; can't wait until its finished. The house is going to have the same green trim but is going to be a light cream instead of white.
Well, don't forget to expect the unexpected which then makes the unexpected the expected. It's all how you look at it.
Ta-Ta for now,
you can expect more later




No comments: