Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Eggs!

This year is already going by so fast. Its hard to believe that Easter has came and gone and now Marisa is reminding me almost daily that her birthday is......only 8 days away and she is going to be 6. Make it stop or at least slow down. I threatened to "skip" her birthday so that she could be 5 for another year. She didn't believe me; but I am no longer going to have "little" girls, there growing up way to fast. Oh, I have to stop, I'm making myself depressed.
Okay, on Friday, Sara came over with Shyla and Brooklynn so that we could dye eggs. We had 3 and 1/2 dozen eggs to do and were done in about 20min. Patience is not a strong virtue with them yet; but we're working on it.

Shyla was being a bit camera shy. Shyla..., shy...maybe its a name thing????
Still refusing to look at the camera but can't wait to start.

WOW! what a look!

Missy was really getting into it.



My sweet, pretty Jessie getting the concept of patience.


This was Brooklynn's first time to dye eggs but she hadn't forgotten her priorities-milk first and then eggs.


Shyla loved dying eggs-she couldn't get them in and out of the dye fast enough.


Missy getting started with the pink.


Brooklynn was enjoying her milk so much that she didn't know what she was missing so I ended up bringing her to the table and showed her how to dye eggs. After that, you could just forget the milk.................for a little while.


Now we are getting creative with the colors and putting colored eggs back into the dyes to see what comes out.

Shyla has decided to "show off " now, and Brooklynn decided that she can multi-taske-dye eggs and drink milk.


Noe sure what Shyla was thinking or doing but you can tell they where both having a blast.



Are you Sure?


One of the many mixed color creations that where made.
That evening Jessie and Marisa went over to their Granny's and did some more eggs. When all was said and done, I had a total of 76 boiled, colored eggs in my refrigerator. What do you do with that many eggs??? You will have to find out in the next post or two.
Ta-Ta for now!













No comments: