Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rainbow

I'm beginning to think that the Farmers Almanac's weather prediction may be correct; a wet June. Its definitely needed. I love the rain in the desert-I love the smell of sagebrush after a rain-I love the "fresh" feeling I get when going outside after it rains-I love the fact that there is very little dust-I love the fact that i haven't had to water my garden everyday-what can I say-I just love it!
There isn't anything much better than sitting on the porch watching the storm come in, watching the lightning, listening to the thunder and then the rainbows.(there might be a few things that are better, i.e., riding horses, hunting, riding horses, going riding, trail riding,............you get the point)
Anyhow, there was a bit of a rainbow yesterday in between the showers.



Not sure why the color is different in this picture than the one before it.





You know, watching a storm while on horseback might be the best. Hmmmm..............however, I'm not real hip on being out in the open when there is lightning( one close call is more than enough) so I will behave and continue to sit on the porch to watch the storms.


No comments: