Sunday, June 21, 2009

Morning Pasture Time

The rain has done wonders for our little pastures and the horses are loving it-so is Bryan; it cuts down on the hay being fed. Anyhow, after the grass starts to seed I start turning the horses out in the morning eventually working them up to about 1-2hrs a day. I will increase it to twice a day soon. They really look forward to it and doesn't take long to set up a routine; they are eagerly waiting at their gates in the morning.

Thankfully, I have them about as eager to return to their pens; a little hay and some oats go a long way. Lena is always the first to meet me to head back for the rest of her breakfast.
Here come Riata and Nina; Lena was hoping that the camera was edible.




Nina is boss! She's not to happy that Riata has beat her to me. Oh well, she'll survive.



No comments: