Sunday, March 28, 2010

Puppy Love

A couple weeks ago my mom and and my sister, Rebecca, went and got puppies-very, very cute puppies(I don't know of any that are not cute) but these are just one of those breeds that are soooooo...........cute!!
First, I knew Becky was going to be a getting a puppy-she told me but I had no idea that my mom was until Becky told me that she was going to go 'look' at them too. They called me that afternoon to inform me that they had new friends and my mom, literally had new 'friends'. She couldn't get just one, it would be lonely and the decision was really hard and the seller was going to make them a really 'sweet' deal on..................3 puppies!
Becky took one, a male who now has the name Sam; my mom took 2 females, a light tan one now named Abby and a dark one named Sadie. I was shocked that they bought two of them-time to fill the nest. LOL
So what kind are these puppies? Clues: they have really long ears that get into everything-even before the nose gets there, they always look sad-even when they are happy, they can get up to 60lbs but are 'low riders'-not very tall and they are descendants of Blood Hounds, oh, and if you follow the Pioneer Woman's blog you would know that she is obsessed with one-not that I blame her.

Yep.........Basset Hounds! This is Little Abby. She is definitely the baby in the bunch; the runt, not as out going, just has 'pamper me' all over her.
They got to come and visit the other day for a few hours so I started them off right with the proper house etiquette-the couch is a very soft, warm place to take a nap.

This is Sadie. She is very out going, vocal and is probably going to be the trouble maker.


Sam..........he is all boy!! He is a chunk. His favorite past time is eating and occasionally picking on his sister who are about half his size.



Abby........power napping




Sadie.........eat hard, play hard and sleep hard!











Sam...........look at those feet! And he's only 7wks old!






Okay, time to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. Sam here had found a stick.


The stick was learning how to submit


But due to short attention spans the submitting stick lesson will have to wait-time to go see what Sadie found.


Whew! That was hard work. Time to re-energize.


Oh, but the nap didn't last long.

Time to practice self-defense and attack maneuvers. Biting the nose seems to be a favorite-I'm not sure I would recommend this........for obvious reasons.


Jaw biting too.........all I can say is ouch!! Those teeth are like needles..........on the jaw and in the mouth!







Sam was not ready to be up and was quite annoyed with the wrestling that was going on.


Abby has the ear hold and it looks like Sadie may be out!


but apparently she said something funny........really funny! Saved by a joke!

Becky with all 3 bundles of joy, trouble, puppy breath, sad faces and lots of skin. Note the belly on Sam.


Time to go, but they will be back!
























No comments: