Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fractured

I think I'm ready for this week to be over-its been a long one. I've been sick, we had to replace the pump, pipe and wiring in the well and that ended up taking longer than expected and the weather that day was miserable(that was on Tues-the second day of that wind we had; I'm glad that Bryan was able to get good help for it or it wouldn't have gotten done), and to top it off, Marisa and Jessie fell off their horse yesterday and while Jessie scraped/bruised her knee, Marisa has followed in her dad's footsteps and broke her arm. Oh, and Bryan is gone for the weekend right now too.
How am I? I'm coping......... Actually I'm doing quite well. I am very thankful for all of the friends and family that are close and that I know that my Lord is ultimately taking care of me-He wouldn't allow something to happen if He knew that I couldn't handle it and since all things are possible through Him, well bring it on.
Marisa is one tuff girl too! This may not come as a shock to you if you know anything about her. She hardly cried when it happened, slept all night and then informed me that her arm didn't hurt at all this morning. I informed her that it was not better and she was not to move it.
So the details; she broke the left humerus at the 'neck'. The Dr. called it an acute fracture of humeral neck. Due to its location, they can't cast or splint it so she is in a sling. We are going to go to Elko on Monday to see the orthopedic Dr. who will then decide if staying in the sling is what to do. The fracture is stable-everything is lined up likes its supposed to be so this is good.

She's all smiles and this is without any pain meds.


You can barely see it with this picture of a 'picture'. The camera didn't want to focus if I zoomed but if you look really close there is a 'grey' line just below where the humerus gets wider-thats the fracture.

No comments: