Saturday, February 27, 2010

Of Hay and Hair

I hope that the name change hasn't thrown everyone for to big of a loop and that your back on track with the blog. If not, and your reading this right now, well, then I'm not sure if there is much I can do to help you(but its okay, I've been there too).
This morning was so nice when I went out to feed. It was so quite and not really cold at all-36 degrees to be exact. No, the sun wasn't shining and I was a little bummed that it hadn't rained yet like they said it was supposed to, but what do they know-really-you can't read God's mind; so with that thought, I will be thankful that I didn't have to break ice and that everyone slept in which gave me the morning to my self.
So what's with "Of Hay and Hair" you ask.--There is plenty of it around here-never a shortage-that's what! Its that time of year that all of the critters are 'blowing' their coats-the hair is flying! As for the hay well, its everywhere all of the time-in my coat, my hair, the girl's shoes, their hair, clothes, my gloves, the vehicles, etc...........and when the wind blows, the hay and the hair just kind of swirls around and around. I don't mind a bit of a breeze, sometimes, like when the bugs are out, when its really muddy and I am tired of the mud that is everywhere with the hay and hair(esp. in the house) but otherwise nice and calm is the way to go.
Thankfully, the wind wasn't blowing when I took these pictures, otherwise it would of been a blur of hay and hair!

It was very nice and sunny and the haystack just seemed to be the place to be for both two legged and four legged creatures, furry and hairy.
There are 7 mores cats around here but I figured that if I tried to get anymore in the picture it would just blow apart-hair would go in every direction so I stopped while I was ahead.

Heide with Ruby in the background-she decided to join us for a few moments and then decided that there was to much 'hair' of the wrong kind(dogs drool and cats rule)






Lee is waiting patiently for me to get everyone else situated but he is ready to leave at the 'drop of a hat'. The pressure of the 'hay and hair' was getting to him.




Hank was happy! The only thing that 'pressures' him is the birds that he can't seem to catch, the shadows that constantly seem to escape his bite and the jollyball that has never seemed to completely succumb to his constant terrorizing.


Yes, Hank was 'happy' to sit here for a moment but lets just say that the desire to go 'seek and destroy' was starting to get to him.


After much persistence, bribing, lots of "stay"and "wait"(they respond to different commands) and threatening them I finally got a 'group' picture.
Confession-I had some help-Jessie was hiding behind Heide and Azule keeping them there. When we were done, the hay and hair was starting to get to Jessie-just a bit itchy!







No comments: