Monday, December 15, 2008

Finally Frontsight!

Well, here they are. The pictures of us at Frontsight. For those of you who don't know, Frontsight is a firearms/self-defense training facility located just north of Las Vegas or just out of Pahrump. The training there surpasses military training but was made for "everyday" people including children. They have a web-site: www.frontsight.com.
Bryan and I had a blast-literally! I learned so much and feel that I can use my AR efficiently. My gun was a hit with the pink highlights. There were approximately 30 people in out class-4 day practical rifle.

Here I am getting ready for a firing drill.
Here is me and my gun set up with a type 2 malfunction-fail to eject.

Clearing the type 2 malfunction


clearing type 2



Setting up type 3 malfunction-double feed




Type 3



UGLY!!!



Good shooting!



Practicing compensating shots






Listening to the instructor very intensly-I was getting cold too.



Prone at 200yds- zeroing in. I bruised my knees practicing this but I can get into the prone position and take my shot in less than 6.5sec. WOO-HOO!
The following pictures are from when Bryan, Joe and Tanner went down in Nov. and took the 4 day practical rifle course. They had a lot of fun as well.


Bryan in the prone position at 50yds-zeroing in.




Ouch!! Ejected brass is really hot. Bryan caught a piece between his neck and the collar on his coat. It has left a nice scar-tattoos with better stories!


Practicing hostage shots.


The "valley of doors". Learning the art of going through doors and clearing rooms.


They had 60 people in their class-This is half of them-the other half is behind them waiting their turn.


Fronsight also has a ropes course that you can take if you like to do climbing and repelling.

















No comments: