Friday, January 16, 2015

Mild Weather Riding


This month is turning out to be very mild as far as the weather goes. We've had a little rain here and there but the temps are in the 40's and 50's.  Personally, I'm loving the temperatures but we could really use some moisture.  The mountains have a little snow on them and while every bit that we get is greatly appreciated, it is no where near enough to bring the water levels of many reservoirs, lakes and rivers back to where they need to be.  I've been told that it will take a couple years of good moisture to bring relief from the drought. So in the mean time, I will continue to pray for rain, give thanks for any we get and trust in God for its all in His hands.  Droughts are nothing new to this world.
  
   This mild weather has made getting out to ride really nice-don't have to bundle up to much. My arena shows just how much salt is in this soil around here-it looks like its been dusted with snow.

  Riata and I
 Jessie making some circles with Nina-kind of fun to make 'patterns' when the ground is all white and your tracks are brown.
  I'm not convinced that its been 't-shirt' weather but then again, I'm not 15 anymore so what do i know?


  Lena's turn!  She was so thrilled-not!  This means that her winter 'flub' is in danger of disappearing.
 Checking her feet-a good habit to have.
 Cooling down together
 So my pics are not in order but here I'm checking Riata up before I hop on; always a good idea even on a broke horse.

  The best part after a ride and a good brushing-gotta roll and make sure that the dirt is really rubbed in.
 Getting up......and then a good shake......
 ta-da!......nice a dirty again....just the way they like it!
 Riata's turn!  They do take turns too; they think they all have to roll in the same spot so they go one at a time.
'White' horses are never really all white; nothing like a good dirt bath!!

No comments: