Sunday, January 4, 2015

Looking Forward

I think that as the years go by I am getting less 'tolerant' of the colder weather.  I used to have no problem bundling up and going about things outside and just simply dealing with it but now, I procrastinate quite a bit.  I realize that the changing of seasons is good-they were put in place by God, however, I struggle with what might all be good with it, namely the cold.  Bryan has reminded me though, that just like us-all things need rest and the cold can be a blessing for summer time when there are less bugs.  The less bugs is a nice thought, especially the biting kinds.  The cold has also been a good reminder of how discontent we can be-we complain when its hot and then we complain when its cold as if the complaining is really going to change things.  
    So, I guess the 'root' of the problem would be discontentment-a humbling thought.  Goes to show that I should make sure not to put my hope and trust in the world itself but in the One that made the world and sees to it that the seasons keep coming around year after year. I should strive to look at all the things that I have to be thankful for especially on the days that I am feeling down and dreary knowing that ultimately if my hope and trust is in Christ I have much to look forward to-winter will pass, spring and summer will come etc......but beyond that, the Lord will come!

  So, with that in mind, it doesn't mean I shouldn't look forward to warmer days but that I should look at each day as a gift, an opportunity to bring glory to God in all that I do.
  As the days start getting longer and warmer, the changes from winter to spring are a good reminder of God's unfailing love for all of us, and also how we ourselves go through changes and seasons of growth.
 Each day is another page in this life that we have been given......

Bryan says to remember this world is not our home, we are strangers here. Someday our Lord will call us home. We are not supposed to feel 'comfortable' here, we are at enmity with the world.
  This is not to say that we are not suppose to enjoy the things that God has created and has put in order.
He made it and called it good!  He made us and put us here to care for it and enjoy it.
 "For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those that fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. As for man, his days are like grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes. For the wind passes over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those that fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children to such as keep His covenant, and to those who remember His commandments to do them."  Psalm 103:11-18


  It is sin that has 'tainted' the good things that God has made but praise be to the Lord that Christ has conquered sin and death!
   " The earth, O Lord, is full or your mercy; teach me Your statues"  Psalm 119:64

"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, therefore I hope in Him!' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."  Lam. 3:22-26

No comments: