Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015

Happy New Year!! 
Well, it has been about 8 months since my last post; it took me a while to remember how to get signed in to my blog-I had forgotten my google password so by the time I remembered it I had to go through some 'security' questions to make sure it was really me.
So, this year I am really going to try to get better at blogging more then a few times a year along with a few other things that I'm going to try to get better at-we'll see how it goes!  
We're not ones to typically stay up until the New Year and last night was no exception-we were all in bed by 9:45 but we did wake up to the fireworks that were set off to bring in the New Year so I guess you could say we were at the very least 'aware' of it.   
As you may know, I'm the type of homeschooling mom that doesn't take much time off for the holidays so after a week off for Christmas we are right back at it hence one of the reasons we didn't stay up last night; the other reason-we were tired.
So as the girls are working hard at math and science on New Year's day, here are a few photos of how our critters spend a New Year's day.......or any other cold day of the year for that matter.

   Abe in front of the fireplace-can't say I don't blame him.
  Angel has made herself quite comfortable again on a pile of blankets that I just washed-can't say i don't blame her either.
  Badger and a sunny spot on the deck; I'd be finding the sunny spots outside too if that's where I was at however, I personally know of a better spot in my opinion and as you'll see in a few pics, Felix, one of our many other cats know of the spot I'm talking about.
 Riata, Nina and Lena just hanging out bored out of their minds I'm sure and really hoping that I had brought them a snack or something.
 Felix sunning himself on the south side of the haystack by a black tarp and tires on another heavy tarp-its quite warm actually even though it is 32 degrees out.
 Old Sierra really likes 'her' spot in the little dog house full of straw with the opening to the south-warms right up!!
 If your a hen, the spot to be is in the coup until the egg has been layed.
   The goats like the south side of the garage-nice and warm and with their belly's full of hay its nap time!
  Then there's Hank.  It doesn't matter the day of the year or the temperature as long as your outside with him-any day is a good day to try and find a 'shiny', shadow or flying bird to chase.  If he's left outside though in cold weather, he all of a sudden becomes very cold to the point of shivering and likes to come in and enjoy the wood stove.
   After laying their egg for the day, the chickens are out and about looking for those tasty little morsels of bugs and new weeds; the bugs of course are pretty much non-existent at the moment but unfortunately the mild winter is causing some of the weeds to already sprout!!!
 This is Rabbit and she loves to get up on the roof of the house on a sunny day-can't blame her either-they know where the warm spots are.

So on this chilly New Year's day, while the beginning of a new year is of some importance to many of us and for good reason life in general is still a day to day process.   I like looking back over the last year  and reflecting on what we did, where we went, what trials and successes we went through etc..... and then like most people, I like to make 'plans' for the next year; goals that I want to reach or areas that I would like to 'better' myself in.   I usually make myself a list too that way I have a reminder but as I look back over the years I am reminded that my plans are not always God's plans and if 'my' plans are God's plans, then it actually was God's plan for me in the first place-this of course meaning that God is ultimately the One with the 'plan' and I as a servant of His, am going to try my best to go along with it giving thanks to Him knowing that He see's the whole picture from beginning to end.
 Isaiah 32:8  " But he who is noble plans noble things, and on noble things he stands."
Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope."
Psalm 71:5 " For You are my hope, O Lord God; You are my trust from my youth."

No comments: