Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Food

You might want to grab some saltine crackers to help keep the drooling under control for these next pics and a napkin or two.
I've been cooking-SHOCKING, I know!!! My poor family has had to put up with a lot of my 'dis-taste' for cooking for years and now I am trying to improve and actually enjoying it. For those of you that know me, cooking and household things have never been my cup-of tea, I would much rather be outside pulling weeds or something like that-strange, I know but that's me.
With much thought and prayer and reflection, I'm finally getting some priorities in line-the main one, duties as a wife and mother-the family doesn't get the left-overs. This isn't' to say that I don't have 'my time' to do some of the other things that I like to do but its amazing how things seem to flow and come together better with a little planning and having the right mind-set. I have been blessed with a family that likes to have me around and most importantly, they love me. I only get to do this once, so its best that I try to do it right and thanks to my Lord, I'm improving everyday. I also have to give credit though to my wonderful and very patient husband. He has jumped in more times than I can count and got the meals done or planned and has done tons of stuff around the house despite having to work too- I am so blessed to have this man in my life-God new what the girl's and I were going to need and for this I am very thankful!! It amazes me how He has all the little and big details worked out and how over 13yrs ago this relationship was put in motion-talk about having the right partner in my life that has been so understanding, patient, caring and loving.
Okay, so on with the food. I also have the Pioneer Woman to thank, my sister and some other author to a dutch oven cook book that I can't think of but we borrowed the book from my dad along with his dutch oven's and were hooked so, thank you dad!

Pioneer Woman's Cowboy Calzone!! yummy!
A plate of fresh fruit-thank you Bryan and the grocery store. Refreshing!

Pioneer Woman Spicy Pulled Pork--oh WOW, this was good-I could eat it forever!!!



Jessie and Eliese's birthday cake--as always, Sara makes a cake that is so good that you can't have just one piece!!



Dutch oven recipe done in a crockpot for the bonfire. I think they were called All American Baked Beans but they have since been called, "Heart-Attack Beans" There's a couple pounds of sausage and bacon in them plus the beans, peppers and onions and a few other things; another dish that I don't think would get old but the after effects of such beans, well, it might just, shall we say, get a little strong.



No comments: