Friday, April 30, 2010

Missing Him

A couple of weeks ago, both Azule and Lee got out of the yard and decided to go take a stroll. This has been, unfortunately, a regular event with Azule-husky's love to run and his grandma taught him well. For those of you who knew Azule, he was the biggest baby you'd ever see. He looked very intimidating but that was it-there was nothing there to back it up. He would never take off by himself, he always had to have someone with him otherwise he just hung around but if he had another dog with him and I wasn't around, they'd be gone. Most of their adventures took them down to the river area; we've dealt with skunk, lots of cockle burs, lots of ticks and one time they were gone for 3 days and came back with wounds all over from tangling with something that had some sharp teeth. That particular adventure took its toll of them and on our check book.
So anyhow, when they got a couple week ago, Lee came back that evening but Azule did not. This was not normal because they were always together-I new something was wrong but I hoped that maybe, just maybe he would make it home or someone would find him. After a few days we put of 'missing' signs around town and of course had made tons of phone calls.
After 2wks I new he was gone but the thought of not really knowing can drive you nuts-I am one of those that wants to know what happened; it puts my mind at ease. Well, this afternoon, Bryan called me with the news that I new deep down; Azule had been found out by the airport-he had been hit by a car, managed to make to one of the out buildings before succumbing to his injuries.
Despite his love to go run he was a great dog, my pal and he will be missed dearly.

After a trail ride with me last year.


Awe...the sun fills good on the underside.


He was always very camera shy-








No comments: