Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cookies

This is a long blog-lots of pictures. Bryan tries to make a point on his days off to do something "special" with the girls and on Tues. he decided to make cookies with them. They had a blast and it help reinforce some of what Jessie has been learning in math-kudo's to dad!

Bryan is explaining displacement-they where measuring butter. I had never thought of measuring butter this way-learn something new all of the time.
Here she goes...

The water is displaced now and we have 1/2 cup of butter.


Marisa is learning how to use the mixer. She was a bit worried at first.



But, the worries are gone and now......I think her mischievous side is showing up.




Well that didn't last to long......but she almost looks sad or really afraid here.



Aahh...time to start the taste testing......after all the emotional rollarcoaster needed a break.



No worries here.


Continuing on....time to measure the vanilla.


Beating the eggs...I'm not sure Marisa has regained all of her confidence yet. Jessie, on the other hand, seems pretty laid back(on the other hand- haha-lol)





Oh, how cute.....the little chefs.


Time to start adding the dry ingredients and the extra muscle to help stir.




Pour it in......slowly. Surprisingly the mess was very minimal when they were all done...I'm not sure they did it right???



Tastes much better this time!


And the best for last....the chips, chocolate and peanut butter. yum, yum!



This was one of my favorite past times when I was little.......still is... on the occasion that I make cookies;( happens very rarely-Bryan is ok with this; he says its better for his diet and I 'm not big on sweets so it works out great!)

Now, the final stirring and then time to make and bake the cookies, right? Thats what your supposed to do, isn't it? Well, I found out that after they were all done that the real reason for this was just for the cookie dough-raw. I convinced them that they needed to bake some of it; they made, I think, around 16 cookies and have been snacking on the dough since yesterday. I don't mind a little dough but I just feel weird to make it and then not bake it. There were no complaints from the girls though.
















1 comment:

Geer Family said...

Way to go Dad! The measuring of butter with the displacement of water was an awesome teaching idea!