Monday, November 3, 2008

Scoopin'.......

For those of you who don't know.. I work(more like "I get to go play") part time for some really good friends about 4 times a week; sometimes more, sometimes less. They train reining and cutting horses and I help with whatever needs to be done, i.e..... clean stalls, ride horses(the hardest part-lol, ha ha ha), help work the horses on the "bear"-(mimicks the movement of a cow when cutting-its a training aid), try to work "turn-back" when working the buffalo, and up until very recently, I kept the water tanks full too but they just got automatic waterers put in so now I just check to make sure they are working right. They are so nice!!! I also help take care of the place when they are out of town. I've been doing this off and on for about 5-6yrs now(I think). I really enjoy it. I've learned alot and have recieved alot of help with my horses. I am hoping to do some showing next year-we'll see.

Here are 2 of the 3 buffalo-the other one is really shy.
Hello!

Is it just me or does he look like he is crying? The flys really irritate ther eyes.


This is what a clean stall looks like.



This is not a clean stall. You don't really get the full affect of a dirty stall from pictures-but I haven't figured out how to capture the smell and post it too-that may scare you off but could you imagine the possiblities??? nevermind, that may be a bad idea.




Why do they insist on pooping where they eat? Such a waste!





No comments: