Saturday, March 8, 2014

Truck Dogs

What is it about trucks that dogs like so much?  or that I like so much?  Must be that 'I feel big and important' or 'I have job to do-get out of my way' or ' I feel safer in a bigger vehicle' or for the dog ' I love the wind blowing in my face with my lips and tongue flapping in the breeze' or maybe its the image that seems to be portrayed in a truck-independence, freedom, etc....or just the fact that we just like trucks!

 Anyhow, the dogs just really love getting to ride in the truck even if we never actually go down the road.  They are content to 'help' me move heavy things around like hay and water tanks etc....

  Waylon is getting tired of waiting for me to be done with pictures.......get busy already....we have a 'job' to do!
  "Come on already"
  They look like such a noble breed.......ha ha ha!  I know better-don't let that look fool ya.
 The truck is now loaded with loose hay and a water tank that is going to become part of my garden(it has a hole in it) and the dogs feel like they are fulfilling their purpose to guard the truck and its precious load  ;)
  "okay mom, all is secure, lets get going!"
   Lets not forget about the cab of the truck.  Someone has to keep watch there too and that would be Hanks job.  He has no interest in the back of the truck-he's to important for that if you ask him and I won't tell him otherwise(i'm a softy)
 Yawn!!!   "Guarding the cab is hard work you know.  Good thing I have a 'comfy' job!"
And when its all said and done you put the shades on and chill..........on the bed.........to get ready for another day of 'truck riding'.  The life of a dog...........at least at our house.  :)

No comments: