Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just a Bit

This is a first! I've had reins get broken, leather ties and other leather parts of a headstall break when I horse has stepped on a rein and jerked up or from just the wear and tear of things over time. When it comes to leather and steel, one would think that the leather would be the 'weak' link when it came to taking pressure. Not this time! What happened!? I was done riding and was leading the horse out of the arena-horse shook-rein fell to ground-horse stepped on rein-jerked head up when she felt the sudden down pressure-ring on snaffle bit snapped!!!! Good news-the horses mouth is fine-I'm so thankful; and the headstall is in tack. Bad news-the bit was my sisters so I needed to replace it and of course I can't find the exact same one so I ordered 2 of them that were similar. Jessie couldn't understand how a horse could carry a bit comfortably in its mouth-I had to remind her of the differences of her mouth and a horses.
Still, she had to try.........
and try again.........just for laughs and giggles!!

No comments: