Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A "Long" Visitor

Yesterday, while I was outside shaving Bryan's head-this is the skill of my ability to cut hair-learned how to run clippers when working at the vet clinic- this is very comforting to Bryan-LOL, anyhow, I looked out in the grass and from under the porch came a very loooong.....bullsnake. He was hanging out with the dogs and the cat-they acted like this was a daily thing!! Hmmmm..............

The girls were thrilled when I told them what was in the yard, so of course, we had to 'catch' it so that everyone could have a turn holding him. Jessie has been begging me to go out and catch a snake; this worked out great, the snake came to us.


Marisa wasn't quite brave enough to hold the whole snake by herself but was quite content to hold his 'belly'.


We took him outback and let him go in the tree line that is getting invaded by gophers. The meadow out back is flooded again so the gophers are moving to higher ground which happens to be our property. Needless to say, I was quite happy to see the snake and I wished him many gophers in his future.



No comments: