Thursday, August 6, 2009

Soccer

I wasn't sure about this decision that was originally made by Bryan and Granny Judy but it turned out good for both me and the kids. I needed some structure and routine in my chaotic life. I've never been a real outgoing person(that depends on whats going on) and I never played any sports; never was pressured do to so and never had the desire. I'm sure that catching lizards, snakes, bike riding, swimming, etc.... offered me more. My mom had to draw the line with the tarantulas-silly person. Do I have any regrets.........no, I'm quite content with my decision.
Anyhow, Jessie was asked when soccer sign-ups first started if she wanted to play and she said no but then, of course, later changed her mind; she's a girl, she can do that and its okay.

This was at her first game; the day after her first practice. This is also the first time she had ever seen a soccer game played-poor girl, she was lost-she did twice as much running as any of her other team mates had done(she wasn't quite sure she wanted to play again).
They didn't have their uniforms yet; so not only did she not know how to play soccer, she wasn't sure who any of her teammates were.

Have you ever seen a new born horse try to use its long legs?






it takes a while to get some cordination, she definitly has her own gate when it comes to running.

One stride after another..........

Finally something that will help these kids know who they are playing against and who they supposed to be helping. This helped a lot!!


Unfortunalty after about an hour in the sun(it was hot) and a lot of effort, her team lost this go around, but as they have continued to practice and play everybody has a much better understanding of how to play and they are doing much better.
After watching her sister play and practice, Marisa decided that she wanted to play too. She has proven to be a bit more of a natural when it comes to cordination and kicking a ball-her attitude helps a lot too.


Here she is playing her first game. Since she was late signing up, they didn't have a t-shirt for her yet, (she's the one in the pink)
Waiting patiently.


Game faces..........get ready............(levetation helps with this process, apparently)

GO!!


She knows she's cute even when playing soccer




While waiting, it helps to swing your arms............... I may have to try this.

By the way, her team is the one in orange. I think I neglected to mention this earlier; Jessie's team is orange too.


Watching and waiting.

After watching the littler guys play, the coaches are more tired then the kiddo's; its more like "herd " control, they run around just as much as the kids trying to tell them what to do as they play and then have to round them up when they all go running after the ball that has left the field. Again, practice and experience are helping a lot and they have improved greatly.

















No comments: