Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feline Feeding Frenzy

Breaking News!!! My animals are spoiled!
Okay, you probably all know this already. No, they're just well loved, cared for, get lots of TLC, spoiled is really the best name for the care they receive. However, we don't compare to some owners and they're pets.
You've heard the saying, "you don't choose a cat for your pet, a cat chooses you for their owner," or " you don't own them, they own you"; well that is sort of true in my case but most of my cats, actually all of them, are all ones that were rescued; they were either sick, needing to be bottled fed, or had a death sentence in the very near future.
My cats have me trained though, Katie, the one eyed kitty(long story), knows that they get their canned food every morning and so she feels the need to start waking me up for her needed tuna and shrimp around 6:00. I think I could compare it to those of you who have to have your coffee-you're day doesn't start until you have your coffee. Katie will sit on my bed staring at me, purring as loud as she can, meowing and doing this little jaw chattering thing-its really weird but cute at the same time. She has learned not to do this on Bryan's side of the bed. All of the other cats are surrounding my bed just waiting.
Anyhow, the smell of tuna and shrimp, turkey and giblets, salmon, etc......first thing in the morning is umm........very mouth watering to them. I feel like I am wading in a sea of feline fur with all of the cats(anywhere from 4-6 of them) are all walking around my feet and meowing, down the hallway and into the kitchen. All of this for about a spoonful of food-similar to kids and candy.

Its was very hard to get a picture that had all 4 cats in it at the same time because none of them would hold still long enough. Here is Reese, Ruby and Sandy.
Reese, Ruby , Sandy and Katie waiting oh so patiently

Here is their fine china and the can of food that they are so desperate to taste its contents.


Here are the contents, yummy, fish and shrimp for breakfast.


Aww.. satisfaction is near




Ruby will not eat near the other cats and is very "lady like" while eating; little bites at a time and never in a hurry.





Enjoying peace and quite and fish!


After the plates have been licked clean, you will hardly see any of them again until the following morning. Reese, Ruby, and Sandy go outside and Katie goes to one of her hiding places either in the utility room or the bathroom.



Of course, you have to do clean-up first. Having fish on your face is just not proper etiquette for any feline.








No comments: