Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Life, My Loves

On request, and I'm sure it was time, here are some very current pictures of us. I took these today and 2 days ago. As you will see in the pictures, the girls are growing like crazy. Its fun watching them as they continue to grow and develop their own personalities. I got a good reminder of how much I love them this past week when I was sick and they spent a lot of time with family so that I could rest. I am very thankful for having family so close but I was about to go crazy, not literally, with all of the time alone that I had. It may have been because I couldn't go outside and do something, anything-one of my favorite past times- and I was stuck in the house doing nothing-which is what I was supposed to be doing-and the weather was so nice-go figure-but the thought of not having them living at home crossed my mind and well, I will miss them. I do realize that they won't be moving out for a while, thankfully, but I think I got a taste of that "empty nest syndrome" and its not pleasant. Gives new meaning to "you don't realize what you've got until its gone" so, be thankful for the time you've got with your loved ones and make the most of it. Our children are going to grow up and as parents we are supposed to prepare them for "leaving the nest"; kind of funny-one day you can't wait for them to grow up and the next you want them to stop.
Okay, well on that happy note, here are some pics of our family, my loves, joys, stressers, tension causers, side-aches from laughing and my blessed life-I mean that too!!
My man going to fix "one" more thing. This fix, though, is something that I was really unsure of but in the end has been a really good thing. He had to shorten a counter top so that our new/used refrigerator would fit. I love the "new" fridge; it has a lot more space and we don't have to bend over to see/get what is on the top shelf; plus its tall enough that a liter of pop, gallon of milk and tea can all fit anywhere on the top shelf. thank-you huny!!
Little, sweet Miss Marisa.

They are a great team-you should watch the system that they get going when picking up dog-poop. Its never to early to start teaching the responsibility of owning pets, and Bryan likes to delegate chores that he really, really doesn't like to do.



"Can't you see that we are working here?"






Okay, like I said, they are growing like weeds. Well, not weeds, how about sunflowers?(I always think of weeds as being obnoxious, needing to be pulled, poisoned, burned, fed to the goats, anything that will eradicate them) Sunflowers are fast growing and always make me smile-maybe I'm getting carried away with the mental pictures-lets just look at the real deal.

Well, neither of them are standing up very strait here but they're cute.





Marisa is in one of her very "clingy" moods today and the little lion is her favorite stuffy this week, month, period of time...........




A proud daddy with his "little" girls.


You know, its kind of challenging to get a good family picture when no one is running the camera and your racing the timer. At first you feel rushed to get "in" the picture and then you feel like your having to hold a smile at a little red, blinking light that seems to go on way to long, however, I think we did pretty good.
If Jessie continues to grow at the rate that she is, she is going to be as tall as me if not taller in a couple years. Marisa on the other hand, is going to be more petite and not as tall, I think.









1 comment:

Geer Family said...

Waht a wonderful post! Jessie is definately growing out of the little girl look :(