Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Snowday!

  Yeah!! We finally got some much needed moisture in the form of snow!!!!   This winter has been one of the most driest that I can remember!!  My lawn is starting to have 'dirt' spots coming through-I'm hoping that the grass roots are still alive and that all my trees pull through( I have watered a couple times so hopefully they will).
    Since a measurable amount of snow doesn't come to this area on a regular basis, we decided to have a snow day-no school and go play!!!  After looking at the forecast it wasn't going to last but a couple days anyways and then we would have measurable mud!!
   We weren't the only ones excited to have the snow..........


   Starbucks was having a blast tearing up the fresh snow!!
   Nina was a bit more cautious in her display of enjoyment-a few slips and 'splats' will teach ya that!
   Amy wasn't that impressed but did come out to see all that was going on.
   These two just wanted more to eat-they ran around earlier and had expended enough energy and were more concerned about re-fueling their 'reserves'.
   Bryan pulled the girls in the sled behind a 4 wheeler-something that I can't always watch-they like it to fast! 
  As for me, after going outside and doing chores and a few other things, I decided it was a good day to get busy on cleaning, oiling and doing repairs on all the saddles.  Thankfully, Bryan loves the smell of leather and so he didn't mind me having them all in taking up the living room for the next week or so while I got them done!

No comments: