Saturday, August 28, 2010

Galena Canyon Ride

Today, Sara and I took a trail ride up Galena Canyon. The weather was perfect; overcast with a breeze that eventually became a chilly wind but on the way back down it was to our backs so wasn't to bad at all and most importantly, we didn't get rained on; I was getting a bit concerned as the clouds started rolling over the mountains.
This time I also remembered to put on the longer 'strap' for my camera so that I could carry it like a purse, therefore, making it easier for me to get more pictures.

Anyhow, her is Nina, Sara's ride, almost ready to head up the canyon-she's becoming quite the pro at this.
Here is Riata hoping that if she closes her eyes then I won't see her because she can't see me therefore she doesn't have to go; or maybe she is trying to tell me that she is to tired from yesterday's ride and the the ride the day before that.........

Naaaa, she really like getting out too. Its so much funner then circles, stops, turn backs, etc....in the arena.


The road ahead of us when we were on it.





Sara lookin' so pretty.







Me and Riata

Yes, I do carry a gun when out riding and despite having it, I did let the rattlesnake live that we came across. He wanted nothing to do with us and I happily agreed plus I was more concerned about how to distract the dog from ever being aware of the cranky snake.
A couple of many old buildings that are in the canyon


Hank is happily treading along





One of the old mines; the reason for all of the old buildings/houses that are in the canyon
The view of where we had come from


Making their way through the brush


Sara getting some 'love' from Nina before we head back down.



Riata wanting some too, but she is getting a firm warning from Sara that she had better be nice to Nina! They have their disagreements from time to time.


My turn! Its so nice when everyone gets along!


A bunch of happy girls!

















No comments: